This year we are putting the focus on training. We will be running weekly giveaways on twitter and teaching you new skills on Facebook. It’s going to be an exciting year! To begin with we want to share out top training tips:
• When you begin training make sure you pick an area as free from distractions as possible for example your garden.
• Ensure that training is always fun and an sessions end on a high.
• Commands need to be clear and consistent. Try using a hand signal with the verbal command as some dogs find it easier to recognise hand signals.
• Keep training sessions short.
• Always use positive reinforcement when training, this can be done by using a clicker to mark the correct behaviour.
• If your dog isn’t food motivate a toy can be used instead. This toy should be special and used only for training purposes.
• Training your dog before meal times can help keep the attention of a dog that isn’t specifically food motivated
• Don’t forget your tasty dog treats
Remember training your dog is a great way for you to bond with your dog!!
Do you have any tips you would like to share?