I am certain that your two legged family members have been making the same sort of comments as mine when mention is made of the current drought situation. Normally, my dad mutters some comment about the wettest drought in history as he is donning water coat, hat, wellies and covering every other fabric he can lay his hands on in plastic before heading out the front door for our evening walk – he doesn’t half look funny!
I am sure that you very well educated followers out there will already know that the drought is (apparently) due to a very dry winter which has left “rivers and ground water levels depleted” and so we all have to be very careful with the water we use! Some helpful tips that I found on the Directgov website are:
- Take shorter showers – I vote for no showers ever!!
- Use dishwashers and washing machines only when they are full – I can help there!!
- Fix dripping taps and leaks – I don’t know how mending vegetables will help but they are the people in the know!!
- Wash fruit and veg in a washing up bowl full of water instead of under a running tap – they seem to be vegetable obsessed and dad my dog bowl is off limits!
- Install a water-saving device in the toilet – I don’t use a toilet so I am saving lots and lots and lots of water there!
I think it is very impawtant that we do everything we can to help preserve water! Although I am still not convinced about this drought status so will ponder this from my new safe place!